PAN Europe, IBMA and IOBC are proud to invite you to the 8th Symposium - "Working with Nature" on March 1st 2022 at 13:00 CET.
On this occasion, scientific knowledge and practical testimonies will be presented to feed the debate on how European policies could help accelerate the necessary ecological transition towards a safe and environmentally-sound agriculture.
Who: This Symposium will be hosted by MEPs: M. Hojsík RE J. Guteland SD S. Polčák EPP E. Evi Greens P. Kokkalis Left Moderator M. Hamell Former Head of the unit Agriculture, Forests & Soil & Associate Professor of Agriculture in University College Dublin.
When: March 1st 2022, 13:00 - 15:00 CET.
Simultaneous interpretation: EN, FR.
For more information on the symposium, see the final PROGRAMME.
To know more about our speakers, read their biographies here.
- Michael Hamell - Former Head, Unit Agriculture, Forests & Soil, European Commission; Associate Professor of Agriculture, University College Dublin.
13:00 High-level statements
- Giorgos Rossides - Head of Cabinet of Stella Kyriakides Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, European Commission.
- Jindřich Fialka - Deputy Minister for the Section of Food of the Ministry of Agriculture, Government of the Czech Republic.
13:30 Presentations & testimonies
- Christian Huyghe - Scientific Director of Agriculture, INRAE - "Is a 2050 chemical pesticide-free world possible?".
- Xavier Poux - Associate Researcher, IDDRI - "EU farming initiative, “Ten Years for Agroecology” study, how to reflect it in policy?".
- Farmer(s) Video Testimonies - Biocontrol, IPM & Pesticide Reduction Targets.
14:20 Policy discussion
- Andrew Owen-Griffiths - Deputy Director-General for Food Sustainability, Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety, European Commission.
- Jytte Guteland - MEP, S&D Group.
- Martin Hojsík - MEP, Renew Europe Group.
- Eleonora Evi - MEP, Greens/EFA Group.
- Petros Kokkalis - MEP, The Left Group.
- M. Hamell - Former Head of the unit Agriculture, Forests & Soil and Associate Professor of Agriculture in University College Dublin.
Presentations of earlier years' SUD symposiums:
PAN Europe gratefully acknowledges the financial support from the European Union, European Commission, DG Environment, LIFE programme. Sole responsibility for this event lies with the authors and the funders are not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.