Integrated Production is not a new concept, and it is already being applied within certain farmers groups across the EU. Though IP is a dynamic, stepwise, approach to farming in which farmers must adjust agricultural practices and use of alternatives over time, taking into account new knowledge and new methods. Below a map indicating some of the groups already applying IP in Europe.
What is IP/IPM
- PAN Briefing: Integrated Production and Integrated Pest Management
- Introducing Integrated pest Management into the CAP
Some other concrete examples of good farmers projects
- A farmer testimony of the need to change
- An advisers testimony on the possibility to change
- Système de culture intégrés
International Organisations working on biological control Integrated Pest Management
- 'The International Biocontrol Manufacturers' Association
- The International Organisation for Biological and Integrated Control (IOBC)
National studies showing that farmers can safe money from applying IP:
- INRA, use of pesticides - November 2009 (pdf, in France)
For more information and testimonies on IPM, visit our website Low Impact Farming !