Hosted by PAN Europe and The Greens/EFA.
Where: European Parliament Room: ASP5E1 + Online Webstreaming
When: 26 October 2022, 15:00-17:00 CET
Language: DE, EN
Programme: The meeting will be chaired by Martin Dermine, Executive Director of PAN Europe.
- Sarah Wiener
15.10-15.30: Keynotes speeches
- Professor Richardson, Katherine leader of the Sustainability Science Center, Copenhagen University Denmark (online presentation)
15.30-16.00: Session 1: Consequences of spreading pesticides in sensitive areas
- Pesticides on insects in German Natura 2000 areas and consequences for protection by Carsten Brühl, University of Landau, Germany (online)
- Biodiversity and pesticides – a bad mix by Beate Strandberg, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Pesticide drift mitigation measures reduce contamination of non-agricultural areas, but hazards to humans and the environment remain by Koen Hertoge, president of PAN Europe
16.00-16.10: Question and Answer
16.10-16.30: Session 2: Pesticide free as a business model
- European Protected Areas and farmers in partnership for the reduction and the elimination of pesticides” by Baptiste Hottekiet, Director of Pays des Collines Nature Park Representing the Wallonie Federation of Nature Parks and member of the EUROPARC Federation
- Drinking water supply - can best practices show a way to protect drinking water or do we need the SUR banning chemical pesticides in sensitive areas? by Wolfgang Deinlein, IAWR Managing Director, ERM Coalition of European Drinking Water Suppliers
- MEPs Sarah Wiener debating with: speakers in earlier sessions, Organics Europe and the audience.
SEE the RECORDING (soon!)