The European Commission has given the green light to 10 more years of glyphosate. A disaster for health, biodiversity, soil and water. Many independent scientific studies show these dangers. To re-approve glyphosate is a violation of the EU Pesticide Law that says that health and environment should go first. In case of substantial doubt, the precautionary principle has to be applied. So we will fight this decision in court.
- We are specialists in hazards and risks of pesticides, the regulations and EU pesticide law
- We work with a network of renowned scientific experts
- We work with a dedicated and specialised legal team
- We have exposed gaps between the pesticide law and its implementation by authorities like EFSA and ECHA and the national institutions
- We fought and won important cases in the EU Court of Justice
It will be a tough court case, for the stakes are high. Glyphosate is the top selling herbicide and the flagship of chemical agriculture. Bayer Monsanto and other producers might join the side of the European Commission in this court case. They have done this before. So we and our lawyers will face a battery of well prepared and extremely well funded opponents. This won’t stop us, for we are well prepared and we know that science and the EU pesticide Law are on our side.
However, it will require a significant amount of work and resources from our experts and lawyers. Therefore we need your help to make this case a success. For our health, our biodiversity, our soil, our water and for a healthy future for our children, grandchildren and the generations to come.
Or transfer it directly to our bank account:
Account Name: Pesticide Action Network Europe
IBAN: BE72 7340 2990 5816
Communication : Glyphosate Court Case
You can also send a cheque payable and return it to: PAN Europe, Rue de la Pacification 67 (1000, Brussels)
Do you want to support our case as an NGO?