PAN Europe welcomes the European Commission opening up for another round of Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) reform as the current one does not deliver on pesticides. However, PAN Europe deeply regrets that the recent CAP Communication, published on 29 November, - despite its ambitious title ‘The Future of Food and Farming’- fails to provide a vision for tomorrow’s agricultural sector in Europe, and fails to explain what farmers and Member States need to do in the ‘future delivery model’. PAN Europe emphasizes that we urgently need a CAP that encourages the transition towards low impact farming and urges Member States to seriously uptake low input farming across Europe, including organic.
Pan Europe's work on the CAP focuses on the Regulation (EC) 1305/2013 on Rural Development of the CAP, the Regulation (EC) 1306/2013 on Horizontal issues such as funding and controls of the CAP and the Regulation (EC) 1307/2013 on Direct payments for farmers of the CAP.
- NEW!: PAN Europe's position on the proposal for a New Delivery Model for the CAP after 2020, 15 October 2018
- PAN Europe has launched a website dedicated to low impact farming campaign, presenting information material also on the CAP and relevant EU policies.
- PAN Europe Press Release: No Future for Farming without Reducing Pesticide Dependency, 29 November 2017
- PAN Europe Open Letter to Commissioner Hogan reg. glyphosate re-authorisation and the EU model of farming, 26 September 2017
- NGO Open Letter “CAP 2020. Towards sustainable agriculture”? 4 September 2017
- Reply by Commissioner Hogan>>, 29 October 2017
- PAN Europe Position Paper on "Why the CAP is broken on pesticides?", 3 July 2017
- PAN Europe Reaction to EP Plenary Vote on Banning Pesticides in Ecological Focus Areas (EFAs), 14 June 2017
- PAN Europe Reaction on Commission Staff Working Document on "Agriculture and Sustainable Water Management in the EU", Informal Council of Agriculture Ministers, 23 May 2017
- PAN Europe Press Release: EU ban on pesticide use outside agriculture, 28 March 2017
- PAN Europe Open Letter: MEPs must support amendments proposed in the Commission Delegated Regulation 639/2014 to ban pesticides on EFAs, 1st March 2017
- PAN Europe contribution to the consultation on "Modernising and Simplifying the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)".
- PAN Europe Report: Integrated Pest Management - Working with nature, August 2015