EU authorities have recently renewed the license for Glyphosate for another 5 years,
despite significant evidence of its danger.
How could this be?
European Parliament Public Hearing on the #StopGlyphosate European Citizens' Initiative, November 20th 2017
For more information on the Stop Glyphosate campaign please continue reading (PDF)
Official website of the European Citizens Initiative ECI
Articles & Reports:
- (November 28th, 2017) Glyphosate re-authorised in the EU for another 5 years: a bittersweet outcome
- (November 7th, 2017) Glyphosate dismissal confirms scandalous EU evaluation - Technical report by Générations Futures & PAN Europe (see also Press Release);
- (November 4th, 2017) Citizens form human banner to demand EU ban on glyphosate
- (October 26th, 2017) Crunch time: the glyphosate saga isn't over yet, but there's light at the end of the tunnel;
- (July 19th, 2017) Brussels: citizens tear down giant Glyphosate bottle as regulators discuss its re-approval
- (July 2017) Glyphosate and Cancer: Authorities Systematically Breach Regulations - Report by Peter Clausing (PhD) and Claire Robinson (MPhil): read in Italian; French; Spanish; German;
- (February 2017) PAN-Europe summary on the toxicity of Glyphosate
- (June 15th, 2017) Success! #StopGlyphosate ECI reaches 1 million signatures
- #StopGlyphosate European Citizens' Initiative
- (June 10th, 2017) Brussels: Open letter concerning the phase-out of Glyphosate to the Health and Food Safety Commissioner Andriukaitis, Commission President Juncker and the Ambassadors of Member States
- (May 12th, 2016) "By re-authorising Glyphosate, you're increasing our cancers"
- (April 21st, 2016) Environmentalists press charges against Monsanto and EU regulatory authorities
- (March 2nd, 2016) NGOs join forces to demand legal action for fraud against Monsanto, BfR and EFSA
- (November 12th, 2015) EFSA’s (un-)scientific opinion: glyphosate not a carcinogen