PAN Europe, IOBC, and IBMA are hosting the 5th Annual Symposium on the Sustainable Use Directive on Pesticides on February 7th, 2017 from 14h - 18h at the European Parliament.
Full Event Programme (EN)
5° Simposio per l’Utilizzo Sostenibile dei Pesticidi (IT)
and Speaker Biographies.
How sustainable grape growing can contribute to local development by Cristina Micheloni, Agronomist of the Italian Association of Organic Agriculture (AIAB) and Ruggero Mazzilli (Spevis)
EU policies encouraging sustainable wine growing
How EU Regulation on authorization and EU Directive on Sustainable Use of pesticides contribute to IPM grape growing by Ms Paola Colombo, Director of the SANTE Health and Food Audit and Analysis Directorate European Commission
How the CAP is encouraging IPM grape growing (including uptake of biological control agents to fight pests) in Luxembourg by Pierre Treinen, Director in Luxembourg Ministry of agriculture and viticulture
Economic modelling in French wine growing, the work of Ecophyto by Francois Veillerette -PAN Europe
How the CAP is encouraging IPM grape growing in Italy by Damiano Li Vecchi, Agricultural attaché Permanent Representation of Italy to the EU
Short statement from David Cary -IBMA
Debate between speakers, universities via web-streaming and participants also participating Stefano Cinti DG AGRI, European Commission
What is sustainable wine growing?
· IPM in grapes: science meets the challenge - Presentation of the grape posters (Insects and Pathogens) by Carlo Duso, IOBC-wprs
· Making biodiversity in grape growing work for farmers by Kerstin Frohle, Bodensee Stiftung the European Partnership for Biodiversity Protection in Viticulture
· Functional biodiversity in European wine growing by Cristina Carlos, Association for the Development of Douro Viticulture (ADVID)
How companies are engaging in sustainable wine growing
· Taking a chance in the market by Ivo Nardi, Perlage Conegliano Veneto
· The business model of CBC Europe by Vittorio Veronelli
· Environmental and socio-economic benefits of establishing a green business by Martin Suchanek, Biopreparaty
Debate between speakers, universities via web-streaming and Herbert Dorfman, Marco Zullo, Eric Andrieu, Ivan Jakovcic Members of the European Parliament.
Conclusion by Michael Hamell
For more information, please see: