Internship Pesticides Campaigner and Communication Officer
Pesticides Action Network Europe is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to support the work and communication activities of our campaigns on pesticide toxicity, particularly endocrine disrupting pesticides and glyphosate.
The position is for a highly organised, fluent English speaking intern who is concerned about the health and environmental impacts of pesticides and is looking to practice its communication and project management skills while gaining experience working on European policies. The intern will be part of our PAN Europe team in Brussels and will have the chance to work in a dynamic environment and interact with people of different nationalities from our European network.
- Six months (with possibility to extend to 8 months) of paid full-time internship (900 euros/month) in a multicultural environment, based in Brussels, Belgium
- Opportunity to help reducing human and environmental exposure to harmful pesticides
- Carry out the communication tasks in the campaigns. This includes keeping the website up to date with our activities, writing articles, assist in the production of press releases and media material, communicate the information with our network.
- Work together with our network on specific tasks and compose summary reports
- Participate in meetings with members and allies related to the campaigns
- Assist in raising public awareness on health issues related to pesticide exposure, pesticide dependency and how to move towards a pesticide-free future in agriculture.
- Excellent English (speaking and writing)
- Graduate degree or higher
- Writing and communication skills, including reports and/or articles in English
- Organisation and management skills, able to work in a team and independently
- Excellent user of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), graphic skills are welcome
- Capable to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Some knowledge on health and environmental issues related to chemicals exposure and on EU policies
- Enthusiasm to protect people and the environment from the harmful effects of pesticides
- European resident
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to work for PAN Europe to: Angeliki Lysimachou, angeliki [at] pan-europe.info
Starting date: as soon as possible
If you are interested in volunteering for PAN Europe please send your CV and a short covering letter to PAN Europe, Rue du Trone 60, box 12, 1050 Brussels, Belgium or coordinator [at] pan-europe.info (email PAN Europe).