- Introduction to pesticide Regulation
New elements of Regulation 1107/2009 and the implementation of the Regulation
- Health impacts of pesticides
Short review of recent literature on negative side-effects of pesticide use on human health.
- Environmental impacts of pesticides
Short review of recent literature on negative side-effects of pesticides use on the environment.
- Risk perception of EU citizens
EU Barometers showing citizens know about risks (while they don’t have the details).
- Cut-off criteria
Strict criteria which apply for pesticides assessed under new Regulation 1107/2009.
- Pesticides in the spotlight
1,3-Dichloropropene, Glyphosate and other nasty ones.
Testing for bees and the big controversy on bee colony collapse
- Endocrine disrupting pesticides
Definition, criteria and testing methods to be developed by Commission December 2013.
- Use of science in risk assessment of pesticides
Legal obligation, EFSA guideline and the dominance of industry GLP-studies.
- Cumulative and synergistic effects of pesticides
Legal obligation, EFSA opinions and deterministic vs. probabilistic.
- Reproduction effects of pesticides and chronic diseasesChronic diseases in society rising; what is the contribution of chemicals?
- Developmental neurotoxicity
Potential effects of pesticides on the developing brain and mental diseases.
- Resubmission and other loopholes in EU approval of pesticides
Loopholes blocking progress; Member States caring more about farmers than health and the environment?
- Data requirements
The tests chemical industry needs to do to apply for market access for their chemical.
- Uniform Principles
The methods of risk assessment to be used for doing a national evaluation for authorisation of a pesticide formulation.
- Zonal authorisation
Authorisation done in four zones; mutual recognition required in Member States.
- Substitution of pesticides
List of candidates of substitution and comparative risk assessment
For more information, please send an email to: email@example.com